The City of San Juan in Deep South Texas offers a developing and growing consumer base at the center of the Pharr-San Juan-Alamo urban area. It is adjacent to the McAllen metroplex which is a hub for retail, international commerce, trade, and banking. Because of its ideal location, San Juan offers great market opportunities and captures the purchasing power that comes from the McAllen metroplex, South Texas region, and northern Mexican affluent markets.
- Close proximity to McAllen Miller International Airport
- Easy access to North and South Interstate 69 that leads to an international port of entry into Mexico
- Adjacent to the Rio Grande Valley’s East-to-West corridor, Interstate 2
Bi-National Metropolitan Population Profile
- With a population of approximately 1.5 million in the Reynosa-McAllen Metropolitan Area, its expected local demand for goods and services will increase, providing great business opportunities for the future.
Regional Market Demand
- Over a million people visit the Basilica of Our Lady of San Juan Del Valle National Shrine each year.
- San Juan’s industry cluster of luxury car dealerships attracts high-end purchasing power to the area with over $189 million in gross sales for 2013.
- Warehousing and Logistics
- Allied Medical
- Tourism & Entertainment
DISTANCE TO MAJOR CITIES
- McAllen: 3 miles
- San Antonio: 244 miles
- Houston: 358 miles
- Austin: 318 miles
- Monterrey Mexico: 154 miles
- South Padre Island
- Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge
- World Birding Center
- Gladys Porter Zoo
- Pharr International Crossing
Major San Juan Attractions
- National Shrine: Basilica of Our Lady of San Juan Del Valle
- San Juan Wetlands Nature Center
- Liberty Park
- Cesar Chavez Foundation Memorial